biocomma ® Virus Transport and Preservation Medium is intended for the collection, storage and transport of clinical viruses, chlamydiae, mycoplasma, or ureaplasma specimens from the collection site to the testing laboratory. After collecting sample, short preserve at 2-8℃ and long preserve at -80℃ .
Applicable for the collection andtransportation of clinical flu, avian flu, HFMD, measles and other virussamples as well as mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia and other samples.
- Write the sample information onthe sticker before sampling.
- According to the experimentpurpose, use the swab to collect samples from corresponding parts
- Put the swab back into thepreservation solution immediately after sampling, break the swab rod and screwthe lid tightly.
- When collect specimens with biocomma®
- Transport and Preservation Medium，tube can be transported to the laboratory at 2-8℃ within 2 days. f it cannot be delivered to the laboratory within 48 hours, it should be stored at -70°C or below, and ensure that the collected specimens are delivered to the laboratory within 1 week. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. For best performance, complete testing within 24 hours.
- The specific sampling method:a) Nasal swab: insert the swabhead gently into the nasal palate of the nasal canal, stay for a while, thenslowly rotate out. Swab the other side of the nostril with another swab, dipthe swab head into the preservation solution, break the swab rod and discardthe upper rod.(suitable for sampling with this product) b) Throat Swab: swab the bilateral pharyngeal tonsils and posterior pharyngeal wall, dipthe swab head into the preservation solution, break the swab rod and discardthe upper rod. (suitable for sampling with this product).
biocomma ® Transport and Preservation Medium is intended to be used with the medium tubes and swabs provided in the kit. The use of tubes of medium or swabs from any other source could affect the performance of the product.
- Please read this instruction carefully before use.
- biocomma® Transport and Preservation Medium should be used by trained and qualified personnel.
- Do not use beyond expiration date. Do not use if the original seal of the medium and swab is damaged. Check the outer packaging of the product before use to make sure it is complete with no content overflow. The labeling is unbroken with clear content and no shedding. The preservation solution should be pre-loaded in the sampling tube. It is normal phenomenon to have precipitate at low temperature. Biocomma Inactivated Transport and Preservation Medium is a clear solution, do not use if the color of the medium turned turbid, or cloudy; Biocomma Inactivated Transport and Preservation Medium is an orange-red color solution, do not use if the color of the medium has changed from light orange-red.
- Avoid the medium in contact with eyes and skins.
- Do not contaminate the tip of the swab before taking samples.
- Be careful when the swab is inserted into the mouth for oral sampling. Avoid the risk of choking.
- For single use only. Different patients are prohibited from using the same swab or tube.
- Specimens for the search of viruses, chlamydiae and ureaplasmas involves risk of infection, and must be collected and handed using proper PPE against biological risk according to published guidelines and local regulations.
- Sample sites, condition, volume and timing of specimen collected are significant variables in obtaining reliable culture results. Follow recommended guidelines for specimen collection.
- The use of this product in combination with diagnostic kits or instruments must be validated by the user prior to use.
For optimal performance, the product must be stored in its original package at 5-25°C until the time of use. Do not expose to excessive heat or direct sunlight prior to use.
Waste must be disposed of in compliance with local legislation. If necessary, take appropriate precautions for infected material.
|YVJ-TE||1*Non-inactivated virus sampling tube(10 mL), containing 3 mL preservation medium,1* pp rayon swab||3mL/pcs, 50pc/Box|