*BLUltra Prestained Protein Ladder is a three-color protein standard with 10 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 6.5 to 270 kDa. Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for three reference bands (two orange bands at 30 kDa and 270 kDa and one green band at 52 kDa) when separated on SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer). The BLUltra Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verifying Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins. The ladder is supplied in the gel loading buffer and is ready to use.
-Guide for Molecular Weight Estimation (kDa)
Migration patterns of BLUltra Prestained Protein Ladder in different electrophoresis conditions are listed below :
• 3 μl or 5 μl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well or 10-well mini-gel, respectively.
• 2~3 μl per well for general Western transferring.
• Apply more for thicker (>1.5 mm) or larger gel.
Note: The apparent molecular weight of each protein (kDa) has been determined by calibration against an unstained protein ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
* supplement data should be considered for more accurate adjustment. All products are for research use only. Caution: Not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic uses.
1- One-Vial-Fits-All: New broad-range protein ladder from 6.5kDa to 270kDa.
2- Higher Added Value: Tri-colors and 10 bands with premium quality.
3- Better performance for higher molecular weight proteins.
4- Clear separation map from 6.5 kDa to 270 kDa in the Tris-Glycine system.
5- Enhanced transfer, wash, and stripping durabilities.
Storage Buﬀer :
62.5 mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25 °C), 1 mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 10 mM DTT, 1 mM NaN3, 33% glycerol.
Quality Control :
5 μl of BLUltra Prestained Protein Ladder (PM001-0500) resolves 10 bands in 4-20% SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer) and after Western blotting to the nitrocellulose membrane.
* Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
* Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
* Stable for up to 24 months at -20°C.